Tamil entertainment industry protests against service tax
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
Work in Tamil entertainment industry came to a grinding halt on Monday following a one-day fast by the stakeholders demanding scrapping of service tax levied by the Centre on artistes with Rajnikanth joining other actors at the protest here. The protesters contended that the 12.36 per cent service tax levied by the Centre on film and TV personalities' earnings would cast additional burden on them as they were already paying income tax.