Tamil entertainment industry protests against service tax
- J&K: Two policemen arrested in connection with Budgam youth's killing
- Congress warms up for rally on land bill; launches 'Zameen Wapsi' website
- Railways gearing up to tackle crimes against women: Prabhu
- Alliance of Janata Parivar requires new political line, says Kerala JD(U) faction
- Indian Navy's ships return after participating in 'Operation Rahat'
Work in Tamil entertainment industry came to a grinding halt on Monday following a one-day fast by the stakeholders demanding scrapping of service tax levied by the Centre on artistes with Rajnikanth joining other actors at the protest here. The protesters contended that the 12.36 per cent service tax levied by the Centre on film and TV personalities' earnings would cast additional burden on them as they were already paying income tax.