Tamil entertainment industry protests against service tax
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Work in Tamil entertainment industry came to a grinding halt on Monday following a one-day fast by the stakeholders demanding scrapping of service tax levied by the Centre on artistes with Rajnikanth joining other actors at the protest here. The protesters contended that the 12.36 per cent service tax levied by the Centre on film and TV personalities' earnings would cast additional burden on them as they were already paying income tax.