Tamil entertainment industry protests against service tax
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
Work in Tamil entertainment industry came to a grinding halt on Monday following a one-day fast by the stakeholders demanding scrapping of service tax levied by the Centre on artistes with Rajnikanth joining other actors at the protest here. The protesters contended that the 12.36 per cent service tax levied by the Centre on film and TV personalities' earnings would cast additional burden on them as they were already paying income tax.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer