'Tantrik' held in Sonepat for raping maid
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A self proclaimed 'tantrik' was arrested by Delhi Police for allegedly raping his maid after she spurned his advances. Siya Ram Dubey, 43, was arrested from Sonepat in Haryana where he had fled after committing the crime at his residence in Devli village of south Delhi. The police received a call on September 20 from the husband of the victim, informing about the incident. Police found him hiding in Sonepat from where he was planning to flee to Ayodhya. Police said Dubey, who originally belongs to Faizabad in UP, confessed during interrogation and said he committed the crime after his repeated attempts to woo the victim failed.