Tarachand NICU to be inaugurated on Nov 9
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
The 300-bed Tarachand hospital at Rasta Peth will formally inaugurate its new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on November 9. Pune Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak will formally inaugurate the NICU. Addressing mediapersons, Dr Suhas Parchure, managing trustee of the Seth Tarachand Ramnath Charitable Ayurvedic Hospital Trust, said the NICU was part of the hospital's development project.
The eight-bed NICU would ensure that each newborn is treated at reasonable costs, said Parchure, adding that a special ambulance dedicated for it had been donated to the hospital. The second phase of the hospital development project will be launched soon for which Rs 25 crore has been earmarked. Parchure said the hospital aimed to improve the infrastructure and provide modern facilities and specialised treatment in obesity and hypertension.