Tarachand NICU to be inaugurated on Nov 9
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
The 300-bed Tarachand hospital at Rasta Peth will formally inaugurate its new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on November 9. Pune Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak will formally inaugurate the NICU. Addressing mediapersons, Dr Suhas Parchure, managing trustee of the Seth Tarachand Ramnath Charitable Ayurvedic Hospital Trust, said the NICU was part of the hospital's development project.
The eight-bed NICU would ensure that each newborn is treated at reasonable costs, said Parchure, adding that a special ambulance dedicated for it had been donated to the hospital. The second phase of the hospital development project will be launched soon for which Rs 25 crore has been earmarked. Parchure said the hospital aimed to improve the infrastructure and provide modern facilities and specialised treatment in obesity and hypertension.