Tarun Gogoi failed to punish 'secret killers' : BJP
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
- Khobragadeâs help, husband cite âdifferencesâ, file for divorce
- President not for executing Bhullar, MHA disagrees
BJP Assam unit President Sarbananda Sonowal today accused Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi of "failing" to take steps against the perpetrators of "secret killings".
"The ruling Congress has criticised the erstwhile Asom Gano Parishad (AGP) government under Prafulla Kumar Mahanta down the years for being involved in such killings, there have been so many probes but till now the culprits have not been identified which is a failure of the government, which has been in power for last three terms", Sonowal told a felicitation programme at Chabbua in upper Assam.
"They (Congress) are in power for the last three terms and now and then the chief minister charged Mahanta with being involved in secret killings. But our question is why the government has failed to convict any accused", he asked.
"Prime minister Dr Manmohan Singh is representing Assam but till now no action has been taken," he added.
On the infiltration issue, the BJP leader, a former General Secretary of the influential All Assam Students Union (AASU), alleged that Gogoi had "gifted state land to immigrants at the behest of Bangladesh President Sheikh Hasina.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express