Tata Docomo launches unlimited WhatsApp data packs
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Tata Docomo today launched two data packs for its pre-paid GSM customers which allow unlimited use of chat application WhatsApp.
The packs, valid for 15 and 30 days, are targetted at price sensitive pre-paid customers who just want to use WhatsApp for communication and don't want to spend on data usage, the company said.
The two packs have been priced at Rs 15 and Rs 30.
"These data packs will enable Tata Docomo prepay GSM customers to enjoy the hugely popular WhatsApp with specially customised value for money data plans and with unlimited use," the company said in a statement.
The company said it conducted an independent research and came to know that users need customised data offerings and want to pay only for the applications that they consume.
"Standing tall on the fundamental tenet of simplifying consumer's life, dedicated WhatsApp data packs serves up a hassle-free experience for our consumers with a clear focus on enriching the data experience," Tata Docomo Head VAS Marketing Rishimohan Malhotra said.
"This partnership allows us to tap into Tata's market presence in India and continue WhatsApp's significant growth as the global leader in the mobile communication space," WhatsApp Co-Founder Brian Acton said.