Tata Motors bids Ratan good bye, bags India's best blue chip performer tag in 2012
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
* Tata Motors Ltd is the best performer among the BSE's top 30 stocks in 2012, helped by hopes for a turnaround in the performance of luxury unit Jaguar Land Rover.
* Ratan Tata today retired as the chairman of Tata sons with Cyrus Mistry as new Chairman of the group.
* Infosys Ltd earns the worst performer status among blue chips, given the persistent concerns about global demand for software services.
* Indian lenders were the top performers among sectors, with the banking sub-index up nearly 57 percent. Real estate and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) were the next best sectoral performers.
* The RBI has held interest rates steady after a 50 basis points rate cut in April, but eased the cash reserve ratio by 175 basis points in 2012, helping banks improve margins.
* The central bank is also expected to cut the repo rate more aggressively next year.
Stocks More on Tata Motors
Company INFO More on Tata Motors
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota