Tata Motors global sales down 16% in Jan
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Tata Motors today said its global sales fell by 15.59 per cent in January to 1,01,112 units over the same period in the previous year.
The company had sold 1,19,799 units during the corresponding month in 2012.
Sales of luxury brands from Jaguar Land Rover were at 38,173 units in January, as against 29,293 units in the year-ago month.
While sales of luxury sedans of Jaguar brand stood at 6,440 units, Land Rover sales were at 31,733 units during the month, the company said in a statement.
Total passenger vehicles sales stood at 53,881 units in January, down 19.32 per cent from 66,785 units in the same month previous year.
Commercial vehicle sales were down 10.9 per cent to 47,231 units from 53,014 units in January 2012.
Tata Motors group's global sales comprise Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, Tata passenger vehicles, along with the distributed brands in India, Jaguar and Land Rover.