Tata Motors global sales down 16% in Jan
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Tata Motors today said its global sales fell by 15.59 per cent in January to 1,01,112 units over the same period in the previous year.
The company had sold 1,19,799 units during the corresponding month in 2012.
Sales of luxury brands from Jaguar Land Rover were at 38,173 units in January, as against 29,293 units in the year-ago month.
While sales of luxury sedans of Jaguar brand stood at 6,440 units, Land Rover sales were at 31,733 units during the month, the company said in a statement.
Total passenger vehicles sales stood at 53,881 units in January, down 19.32 per cent from 66,785 units in the same month previous year.
Commercial vehicle sales were down 10.9 per cent to 47,231 units from 53,014 units in January 2012.
Tata Motors group's global sales comprise Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, Tata passenger vehicles, along with the distributed brands in India, Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18