Tata Motors global sales down 16.5% in March
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Tata Motors global sales fell by 16.5 per cent in March to 1,16,521 units over the same month in the previous year.
The company had sold 1,39,655 units in March 2012.
Sales of luxury brands from Jaguar Land Rover were up at 42,682 units in March, as against 36,471 units in the year-ago month.
While sales of luxury sedans of Jaguar brand stood at 7,621 units, Land Rover sales were at 35,061 units during the month, the company said in a statement.
Total passenger vehicle sales stood at 55,722 units in March, down 26.55 per cent from 75,864 units in the same month previous year.
Commercial vehicle sales were down 4.69 per cent to 60,799 units from 63,791 units in March 2012.
For the fiscal 2012-13, Tata Motor's gloal sales were at 11,96,416 units as against 12,52,173 units in the previous fiscal, down 4.45 per cent.
JLR sales for the fiscal were at 3,72,062 units as compared to 3,14,433 in the previous fiscal, up 18.32 per cent.
Tata Motors group's global sales comprise Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, Tata passenger vehicles, along with the distributed brands in India, Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore