Tata Motors hopeful of raising mrkt share with Safari Storme
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
Tata Motors is hopeful of increasing its market share with the launch of a new version of sports utility vehicle (SUV) Safari Storme.
Launching the SUV, priced between Rs 10.04 lakh and Rs 14.12 lakh (ex-showroom Kolkata), Tata Motors utility vehicle product group head Ashesh Dhar said, "We are looking at a permanent role in the SUV market... We at present have a 12 per cent market share and we are definitely seeing it increase".
In the last fiscal the company had sold about 16,000 Safaris, he said adding the SUV market is as present 5.7 lakh units and growing at an astounding rate of 50 per cent.
The vehicle market is growing at about just 6-7 per cent, he said.
Safari Storme is powered by a 2.2 litre DiCOR engine that produces 140 bhp of power at 4,000 rpm and 320 Nm of maximum torque at 1,700-2,700 rpm.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food