Tata Motors Jaguar LR drives in new Range Rover SUV
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
" Suri further said Evoque is also one of the models being considered for assembly in India.
At present, JLR assembles only the Freelander in India at Tata Motors' Pimpri plant.
Dicken said in the last 12 months, JLR has sold over a lakh units of the Evoque globally.
He further said the Indian market continues to be a strategic one for the company although JLR has recently announced a JV in China with Chery Automobile Co with plans to invest 10.9 billion RMB.
Suri said JLR will expand its dealership network to 25 by the end of 2013-14 from the current 15 with a focus on tier II cities like Chandigarh and Bhuvaneshwar.