Tata Motors sales down 42 pct in December, Nano, Indica, Indigo move 6,537 units, share price down
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Tata Motors today reported 42.28 per cent decline in its total vehicle sales at 37,852 units in December 2013.
The company had sold 65,582 units in the same month last year.
Total passenger vehicle sales in the domestic market stood at 9,272 units in December, down 34.63 per cent from 14,185 units in the same month previous year.
Sales of Nano, Indica, Indigo range in December 2013 were 6,537 units, while that of Sumo, Safari, Aria, Venture range were at 2,735 units, Tata Motors said in a statement.
In the commercial vehicles segment, the company's sales declined by 45.83 per cent to 25,738 units in the domestic market during the month compared to 47,515 units in the corresponding month previous year.
Buying a new car? check prices
The company's exports declined by 26.79 per cent to 2,842 units last month from 3,882 units in the same month in 2012, it added.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18