Tata Nano catches fire, again
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Yet another Nano car caught fire near the Shivranjani Crossroads in Ahmedabad on Wednesday — the eighth fire incident involving the car. Tata Motors claimed that "unauthorised electrical fitments in the car may be the cause of the incident".
"The incident took place near Shivranjani Crossroads, when a Tata Nano belonging to one Vipul Jani caught fire while he was driving home," fire officials said. Jani told reporters, "My car caught fire all of a sudden."
A Tata Motors spokesperson said it was investigating the incident.
"Tata Motors reaffirms that the updations carried out on the Nano eliminates any possibility of the incident that occurred in an old Nano in Ahmedabad today," the company said.