Tata Steel launches online portal 'Valueabled.com' for youth
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Tata Steel today launched its new and improved version of the online portal, Valueabled.com for the youth at the ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) 2013.
Best known for its tagline, 'values stronger than steel', Valueabled.com is an online extension of Tata Steel's sustained campaign to inspire the youth to embrace a value driven society.
"Our idea is to create a value driven society through this online portal where the youth, particularly, the college-going ones who could form opinions can use this platform for bringing about social changes. We are targeting youth below 30 years," Tata Steel's Vice President, Raw Materials Division Partha Sengupta who unveiled the portal told PTI.
Valueabled.com gives opportunity to the country's youth to be inspired, motivate others, encourage change and stand up for values one believes in, he said.
He added that the portal is designed to instil the importance of modern day values in the youth of the country and to encourage them to participate in the nation building process .
"To make it more accessible, we have also launched a mobile app 'Values in Action'", he said.
The portal includes several sections such as watchables, a video gallery of inspirational videos, interviews and imaginative projects that draw attention of individuals working to make the world a better place.
There is also a section called Shareable with which one can view and upload motivational pictures, express ideas visually and even create their own 'Valueabled meme' for creating a larger and better interface for the users.
It also has a Debate section besides a Talk the Talk section. Held periodically on Google hangouts, these talks will also often feature celebrities, industry experts and motivational personalities.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon