Tax man launches raids against Punjabi singers, producers
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Income Tax department today conducted searches at the offices and residences of famous Punjab singers and film producers.
The searches were conducted in Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Mohali, Rajpura and Jalandhar, a senior Income Tax Department official said.
"Searches have been conducted at offices and residential premises of Punjabi singers and Punjabi film producers," IT Director (Ludhiana) H S Sohi said.
The singers included Gippy Grewal, Diljit Dosanjh and Miss Pooja, he said.
Singer-cum-actor Gippy Grewal has acted in Punjabi comedy `Carry on Jattaż while Diljit Dosanhj played the role of lead actor in romantic comedy Jatt & Juliet.
Both these movies have been highest money grossers in the history of Punjabi films.
Officials said account books had been seized but added details about the searches would be available after these were over.
None of the singers was available for comments.