Tax raids on Naresh Gujral, son of ex-PM Inder Kumar Gujral over land deal?
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
The Income Tax department today conducted a survey on the premises of Rajya Sabha member Naresh Gujral in connection with its probe into a multi-crore land deal in Gurgaon.
Sources in the department said a team I-T sleuths visited the offices and residential premises of Gujral in Delhi and NCR region and inspected certain documents related to the land deal.
Admitting the I-T survey, Gujral claimed that the authorities have not found anything incriminating.
"They came for a survey and have found nothing incriminating of any kind at all. I hope it is not a political game being played," Gujral said.
Gujral is son of former Prime Minister late I K Gujral and a Shiromani Akali Dal MP.
Sources in the Income Tax department said the survey pertained to a land deal by a company owned by Gujral in neigbouring Gurgaon in partnership with owners of a leading paint company.
The deal is worth a few crores of rupees and the probe was related to a real estate deal that was struck by the company sometime back, they said.