Tax raids on Naresh Gujral, son of ex-PM Inder Kumar Gujral over land deal?
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Income Tax department today conducted a survey on the premises of Rajya Sabha member Naresh Gujral in connection with its probe into a multi-crore land deal in Gurgaon.
Sources in the department said a team I-T sleuths visited the offices and residential premises of Gujral in Delhi and NCR region and inspected certain documents related to the land deal.
Admitting the I-T survey, Gujral claimed that the authorities have not found anything incriminating.
"They came for a survey and have found nothing incriminating of any kind at all. I hope it is not a political game being played," Gujral said.
Gujral is son of former Prime Minister late I K Gujral and a Shiromani Akali Dal MP.
Sources in the Income Tax department said the survey pertained to a land deal by a company owned by Gujral in neigbouring Gurgaon in partnership with owners of a leading paint company.
The deal is worth a few crores of rupees and the probe was related to a real estate deal that was struck by the company sometime back, they said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express