Tax violation notices served on Reliance Life, Sahara Life, other insurers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Eight private insurance companies, including Reliance Life and Sahara India Life have been served show-cause notices by the Revenue department for alleged tax violation, Parliament was informed today.
The other insurance companies on which the Tax department has served show-cause notices are Aviva Life, DLF Pramerica Life, Sri Ram Life, IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance, Apollo DKV and Bharat Reinsurance.
This was stated by Minister of State for Finance S S Palanimanickam in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha. Out of the eight companies, Reliance Life, DLF Pramerica, IFFCO TOKIO General and Bharat Reinsurance have submitted their replies to the government, he said.
Palanimanickam said: "In cases where the companies have submitted the reply, a personal hearing will be held and adjudication orders (will be) passed".
In cases wherein reply is yet to be submitted, the Minister said, personal hearings will be conducted after receipt of the replies of the companies.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18