Taxman knocks at Delhi man's door for Nitin Gadkari cos
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A Delhiite has filed a police complaint after he received notices from the Income Tax Department relating to the address of BJP chief Nitin Gadkari's group of companies.
Balwant Singh Tokas, a resident of Munirka in south Delhi, got notices as five investor firms showed his residence as their addresses.
Tokas said he did not do any investigations to check why he got the notices.
He said no companies operate from his building. "This has five floors, many tenants live here," he said.
Police are yet to register a case.
The complaint comes amidst allegations against Gadkari's firms being shell companies with fake addresses.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express