Taxman knocks at Delhi man's door for Nitin Gadkari cos
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A Delhiite has filed a police complaint after he received notices from the Income Tax Department relating to the address of BJP chief Nitin Gadkari's group of companies.
Balwant Singh Tokas, a resident of Munirka in south Delhi, got notices as five investor firms showed his residence as their addresses.
Tokas said he did not do any investigations to check why he got the notices.
He said no companies operate from his building. "This has five floors, many tenants live here," he said.
Police are yet to register a case.
The complaint comes amidst allegations against Gadkari's firms being shell companies with fake addresses.