Taylor Swift says ex-boyfriends were jealous of her fame
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Country singer Taylor Swift says that her romantic relationships have all ended because her famous ex-boyfriends couldn't handle her being more successful than them.
The 22-year-old singer, who has previously dated Jake Gyllenhaal, Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner and John Mayer, said that men who come from the same profession as hers were quite competitive, reported Showbizspy.
"I've found that men I've dated who are in the same business can be really competitive. I've found a great group of girlfriends in the same business who aren't competitive, but a few times guys have started comparing careers and it has been... challenging.
"The last thing I think about when I fall for someone is what they do for a living as I like to get to know that person, but sometimes guys start acting weirdly towards me, especially if I get good news and they get bad... It's usually downhill from there," said Swift.
Her ex-flames have been subjects of her songs and Swift says that is part of being in a relationship with her.
"It's mind-blowing how some guys have just handed me inspiration for some of these songs on a plate. Some have said, 'Please don't write about me,' but only when we're in the process of breaking up.
"If a man dates me, he's kind of signing a waiver saying he's cool with me writing songs about him. I write songs about my life: it's not something I've kept secret," she said.