Taylor Swift wins three Billboard Music Awards
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Four-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift was one of the biggest winners at the recent Billboard Music Awards, taking home three trophies, including one of the evening's highest honours, the all-genre Top 200 Albums Artiste Award. She also took home the trophy for Top Country Artiste, and her now-Triple-Platinum album, Speak Now, released on Big Machine Records, was voted Top Country Album.
Taylor, who writes her own songs, sold more albums in 2010 and 2008 than any other artiste in any genre of music, and her Fearless album was 2009's top-selling CD. The young singer now has career record sales in excess of 20 million albums and 33 million song downloads, and is the top-selling digital artiste in music history. She is both Entertainment Weekly's and the Academy of Country Music's Entertainer of the Year.
Taylor recently took the unprecedented step of opening the last dress rehearsal for her Speak Now Tour to fans as a fundraiser for victims of the recent deadly tornadoes in the Southeast of America. During the course of the two-hour theatrical presentation, She played acoustic guitar, electric guitar, ukulele, banjo and piano.
Fans started lining up for the Speak Now … Help Now special event at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena more than 36 hours before the doors opened for the capacity crowd of 13,700 in attendance. The event helped raise over $750,000, with all ticket sales proceeds going directly to tornado victims via the Speak Now … Help Now Fund established through the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express