Taylor Swift's fairytale love
- J&K: One Pakistani terrorist captured alive, another killed in gun battle
- Piece of aircraft wreckage is from missing MH370: Malaysian PM Najib Razak
- Heavy rains have caused the Kamayani Express mishap: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- FSSAI rubbishes all-clear reports to Maggi from Goa, Mysore labs
- Wasim Akram escapes unhurt after shot at by official in Karachi
Singer Taylor Swift says she is often left disappointed when her romantic view of the world does not match the reality.
The 23-year-old singer, who is currently dating One Direction's singer Harry Styles, said her optimistic vision of the world has been influenced by the story book romances she used to devour as a lonely teenager, reported Aceshowbiz.
"It can be heartbreaking when you find out that your fairytale image of the world doesn't match the reality. I used to read fairytales when I was young and I grew up with such a vivid imagination, and all that has fuelled this little world of mine.
"I was pretty isolated in school. I had no place really to turn except inwards. We all want to believe in the ideal, even though we discover through bad relationships that it's a difficult thing to find," she said.
The country singer said this after a string of failed relationships - including with Conor Kennedy, Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer.
"I think you need to believe in the fairy tale otherwise you become cynical and close yourself off to love because you stop trusting those incredible feelings that come over you at the beginning.