TCS expands UK operations, sets up new centre in Liverpool
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Country's largest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) today said it is expanding its operations in the UK with a new delivery centre in Liverpool.
The new facility in Liverpool will be fully operational in July this year and will house over 300 employees, TCS said in a statement.
The company has invested in a new delivery centre in Liverpool, dedicated to delivering government services that require Impact Level 3 (IL3) security constraints, it said.
TCS plans to use the facility to deliver services to the Home Office, following a multi-million, multi-year contract that was awarded in November 2012, to manage the technology needs and support services of the newly formed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), the statement added.
The new facility will provide secure applications development and maintenance centre for business applications and operational delivery centre for outsourced business process and IT services.
"Our investment in a new delivery centre in Liverpool will allow us to effectively meet the business objectives of DBS to modernise and transform its business while supporting our longer-term strategy for increased participation in transformation programmes for the UK public sector," TCS Country Head (UK and Ireland) Shankar Narayanan said.
As part of the agreement with the Home Office, TCS will implement a programme to transform DBS, including introduction of electronic applications and improved online services to enhance user experience.
DBS and TCS will also collaborate to update the organisation\'s business processes to help improve decision making, reduce processing times and improve information gathering between disclosures and barring services, the company said.
TCS\' government clients in the UK include National Employment Savings Trust (NEST), Cardiff City Council, Child Maintenance Group (CMG is a division of DWP) and The Big Lottery Fund, among others.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer