TDP shocked after its MPs abstain from Rajya Sabha vote on FDI
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
"I missed a flight to Delhi yesterday and could not goto Parliament. All allegations being made against me are false. There is no other reason for this," she claimed.
However, TDP's senior leaders did not take their claims kindly.
They should be removed from the party and they should also quit their posts. Those who cannot even win (elections) as ward members were made MPs, but they ditched the party and brought ignominy to Chandrababu," senior TDP MLA Kothakota Dayakar Reddy fumed at the TDP headquarters NTR Bhavan today.
They (MPs) have committed an "unpardonable crime" by abstaining from the voting on FDI which the party strongly opposed, he said.
TDP politburo member Kadiyam Srihari also demanded strong action against the three MPs saying they brought disgrace to the party, while another senior TDP MLA Payyavula Keshav said that lakhs of TDP workers were "deeply hurt" by the MPs' abstentions.