TDS (tax deduction at source) exempted on certain payments to reduce compliance burden
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The Revenue Department has exempted tax deduction at source (TDS) on certain payments like, bank guarantee commission and charges for warehousing services for commodities, to reduce compliance burden on businesses.
"Payment towards bank guarantee commission, cash management service charges, depository charges on maintenance of Demat accounts, charges for warehousing services for commodities and underwriting service charges made to the banks ... can be made without TDS with effect from January 1, 2013," the Department said.
The move is aimed at mitigating compliance burden on businesses held by individuals, firms or corporate who are using the financial services offered by banks, it added.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has issued a notification granting exemption from TDS on such payments.
Also, payment without TDS of credit/debit card commission on transaction between the merchant establishment and acquirer banks has been facilitated by the CBDT
"This will also positively impact the use of plastic money in the economy," the Department said.
It further said the CBDT's move will obviate the uncertainties about the applicability of specific TDS provisions on such payments mentioned and consequent litigation.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties