Teacher booked for ‘molesting’ 2 students
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
A 55-year-old teacher of AC National Public Senior Secondary School, Zirakpur, was booked by police Wednesday after he allegedly molested two girl students of class-IV in the school premises on February 2. The police have booked the teacher after getting a complaint from the victim's father. However, the accused teacher has refuted all allegations.
As per police, one of the victim's father told police that his 10-year-old daughter and one of her classmates were sexually harassed by the Physical Education teacher Anil Kapil (55), resident of Sector-12 ,Panchkula, last Saturday in the classroom.
After the incident, the two minor girls complained to the school principal and other teachers but allegedly no action was taken.
It was on Wednesday that the victim's elder brother, who is also a student of the same school, called the school management after which a police complaint was lodged by the manager Krishna Agnihotri.
ASI Fateh Fakeer Singh , along with a police team, then visited the school and arrested the accused teacher.
Principal Nandini Sood when contacted said that she had forwarded the complaint to the school management on Saturday. On the other hand, school manager Krishna Agnihotri said that she got the complaint on Monday and as the teacher Anil Kapil was absent on Tuesday, they called the police on Wednesday.
The accused Anil Kapil refused having done any such act and claimed himself innocent. "We have booked Kapil under sections 354, 506 and 509 of Indian Penal Code and proceedings against him have been initiated," said the ASI.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’