Teacher dies in house blaze
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Jalpaiguri:A teacher was burnt to death when a fire razed four wooden houses to the ground at Dhupguri in Jalpaiguri district in the early hours on Wednesday. Police said the charred body of the government school teacher was recovered after fire brigade personnel doused the flames. He was asleep when the fire broke out and could not come out. Other members of the family managed to come to safety when the flames engulfed but couldnot save the teacher braving the fire. Two fire tenders put off the blaze in three hours.
Fake currency seized from Kolkata
Kolkata:Police have seized fake notes with a face value of nearly Rs five lakh from a person who tried to buy computer parts with them in Kolkata. Acting on a tip off, police arrested Salil Ansari, a resident of Jharkhand, for trying to purchase computer parts from Chandni Chowk with Rs 4.98 lakh on Wednesday evening.
Women left out in open field after ligation