Teacher dies in house blaze
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
Jalpaiguri:A teacher was burnt to death when a fire razed four wooden houses to the ground at Dhupguri in Jalpaiguri district in the early hours on Wednesday. Police said the charred body of the government school teacher was recovered after fire brigade personnel doused the flames. He was asleep when the fire broke out and could not come out. Other members of the family managed to come to safety when the flames engulfed but couldnot save the teacher braving the fire. Two fire tenders put off the blaze in three hours.
Fake currency seized from Kolkata
Kolkata:Police have seized fake notes with a face value of nearly Rs five lakh from a person who tried to buy computer parts with them in Kolkata. Acting on a tip off, police arrested Salil Ansari, a resident of Jharkhand, for trying to purchase computer parts from Chandni Chowk with Rs 4.98 lakh on Wednesday evening.
Women left out in open field after ligation
Malda:In a shocking case, most of the 100 women who underwent ligation procedure at a sterilisation camp at a rural health centre in Malda district were abandoned in an open field adjacent to the facility. The Manikchak Rural Health Centre in Malda district, where the surgical procedure was carried out on Wednesday, was bereft of any minimal infrastructure required for the operation, attending nurses and health workers under NRHM alleged. The semi-conscious women were dumped casually in the most unhygienic condition onto the field as onlookers cast curious gaze, the nurses alleged.