Teacher fractures student's hand
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
The right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to the school in Rajouri district.
The girl, a Class IV student of government middle school in Nagari area on Rajouri, said, "my teacher (Dheeraj) beat with wood stick on my right hand for coming late -- I cried --it pained me a lot."
"Her hand has been fractured -- how brutally the teacher has beaten her. Doctors told us they need to operate the hand", the minor's father Babloo Singh said adding, "we demand strict action against the teacher."
Singh alleged that the teacher beat his daughter with a wooden stick for coming late to the school yesterday.
On the complaint made by Singh, police today registered a case against the alleged teacher and started the probe into the matter.
"An FIR has been lodged against the teacher -- medical examination of the girl has been done -- teacher will be arrested," SP Rajouri Mubasir Latifee said.
Rajouri's Chief Education Officer, M L Sharma said the required action would be taken against the accused teacher.