Teacher fractures student's hand
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
The right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to the school in Rajouri district.
The girl, a Class IV student of government middle school in Nagari area on Rajouri, said, "my teacher (Dheeraj) beat with wood stick on my right hand for coming late -- I cried --it pained me a lot."
"Her hand has been fractured -- how brutally the teacher has beaten her. Doctors told us they need to operate the hand", the minor's father Babloo Singh said adding, "we demand strict action against the teacher."
Singh alleged that the teacher beat his daughter with a wooden stick for coming late to the school yesterday.
On the complaint made by Singh, police today registered a case against the alleged teacher and started the probe into the matter.
"An FIR has been lodged against the teacher -- medical examination of the girl has been done -- teacher will be arrested," SP Rajouri Mubasir Latifee said.