Teacher fractures student's hand
- Former Pak PM Gilani visited my house just weeks after 26/11: David Headley
- Brussels attacks: Without baggage, over 220 traumatised Indians return home
- Kejriwal named among world's 50 greatest leaders by Fortune, Modi not on list
- Friends get ‘notification’ on Infosys man missing after blasts in Brussels
- ‘RAW officer’ arrested, says Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti
The right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to the school in Rajouri district.
The girl, a Class IV student of government middle school in Nagari area on Rajouri, said, "my teacher (Dheeraj) beat with wood stick on my right hand for coming late -- I cried --it pained me a lot."
"Her hand has been fractured -- how brutally the teacher has beaten her. Doctors told us they need to operate the hand", the minor's father Babloo Singh said adding, "we demand strict action against the teacher."
Singh alleged that the teacher beat his daughter with a wooden stick for coming late to the school yesterday.
On the complaint made by Singh, police today registered a case against the alleged teacher and started the probe into the matter.
"An FIR has been lodged against the teacher -- medical examination of the girl has been done -- teacher will be arrested," SP Rajouri Mubasir Latifee said.
- By not responding to provocation by Cong, BJP is showing that it is learning to lead
- India and Pakistan provincialised their Kashmirs without consulting the people who live there
- Claim that the right to proclaim azadi is drawn from the Constitution is ironic
- Aadhaar bill is a demonstration of just how easily state power can become arbitrary
- New regulatory law will increase the regulatory burden and raise property prices
- Europe’s jihad crisis is not a problem of its Muslim communities but the outcome of cultural dislocations