Teacher jumps off Metro station, dies
- Delhi MCD election results 2017 live updates: BJP retains all 3 corporations, AAP dubs it EVM wave
- MCD election results 2017: Arvind Kejriwal's AAP loses ground beneath its feet in Delhi
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP set to retain rule in all 3 corporations
- EC bribery case: Delhi Police arrest Dinakaran after 4 days of questioning
- PDP old guard looks beyond Mehbooba Mufti, she digs her heels in
A 24-year-old woman died after she jumped off Preet Vihar Metro station on Monday morning. She fell to the street, 30 feet below, and was rushed to Hedgewar Hospital in Karkardooma, where she was declared dead, police said.
Karishma Narang (24), a mathematics teacher at Sai Memorial Girls School, lived with her parents and two younger siblings in Krishna Nagar. Police said they had not found a suicide note and hence were not sure why she killed herself.
"Karishma had taken leave on Monday, but she left home saying she was going to the school, which begins at 7 am. CCTV footage shows her waiting for a train to Vaishali. However, after allowing it to pass, she waited till the platform was empty. At 8 am, she walked to the end of the platform and jumped off. A PCR call was made at 8.10 am, following which we rushed to the spot," a senior police official said.
She fell at the base of pillar 95 and initially police could not identify her. "She was not carrying any belongings when she jumped. After we searched the platform, we found two polythene bags at the spot from where she had jumped. We then identified her and informed the family," the officer said.
A neighbour said. "I saw her leave in the morning. I came to know about her death through news on TV. I do not know why she did this."
- Maoists: Absence of strategic clarity, over-dependence on Central forces have crippled fight
- American campuses welcome and value diversity
- Property tax is a pawn in state-level politics
- Satyagraha was a crucial starting point — yoking of peasant unrest to the national movement
- India’s political & security establishment needs strategy in light of China’s naval expansion
- Extremism comes in all shades. Justice Shah should critique each one