Team Anna targets Agnivesh over video
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Mumbai Indians take on KKR in opener
Swami Agnivesh, a close associate of Anna Hazare, was targeted by Anna's team over a video posted on YouTube where he is purportedly telling a person alleged to be a Union minister that the government act tough with the activist.
Agnivesh claimed the video was "doctored and concocted" and part of a smear campaign against him and denied he was talking to Union minister Kapil Sibal.
Kiran Bedi alleged that Agnivesh has been caught on camera where is asking a person after addressing him as "Kapil", "Maharaj aap inko itna kyu de rahe hai (Maharaj, why are you giving them so much?)."
"Who's Maharaj? whether it is Kapil Sibal on the other side. He said Sibal sahab, I heard that," she said. Bedi accused Agnivesh of being "absolutely unethical".
The core Anna Team and Agnivesh had developed differences during the course of Hazare's fast.
Bedi told PTI that the footage had "shocked us all and we are very uncomfortable" with it.
Agnivesh said, "These were lies and it is a cut and paste job. There are several people in my personal circle whose first name is Kapil. I never address political leaders as 'Maharaj'. Kapil Maharaj could be anybody," he said without disclosing the identity of the person whom he was seen talking to on the video footage.