Team Anna targets Agnivesh over video
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Swami Agnivesh, a close associate of Anna Hazare, was targeted by Anna's team over a video posted on YouTube where he is purportedly telling a person alleged to be a Union minister that the government act tough with the activist.
Agnivesh claimed the video was "doctored and concocted" and part of a smear campaign against him and denied he was talking to Union minister Kapil Sibal.
Kiran Bedi alleged that Agnivesh has been caught on camera where is asking a person after addressing him as "Kapil", "Maharaj aap inko itna kyu de rahe hai (Maharaj, why are you giving them so much?)."
"Who's Maharaj? whether it is Kapil Sibal on the other side. He said Sibal sahab, I heard that," she said. Bedi accused Agnivesh of being "absolutely unethical".
The core Anna Team and Agnivesh had developed differences during the course of Hazare's fast.
Bedi told PTI that the footage had "shocked us all and we are very uncomfortable" with it.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.