Tech student found dead inside hostel room in Ghaziabad
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
An 18-year-old student of an engineering college was found hanging inside his hostel room in Vijay Nagar area here.
The body of Narender Pratap Singh was found hanging from the ceiling fan inside his hostel room by hostel warden Mohit Kumar.
"When Kumar was checking all hostel rooms last night, he found Narender's room locked from inside. He knocked at the door, but there was no response. After that, he called police which demolished the room's wall and found him hanging from the ceiling fan at around 12.30 AM," said a senior police officer.
No suicide note was found from the spot. Singh, a native of Agra district, was in the first year of his B.tech programme which he was pursuing from ABES Engineering College. He was living in the hostel of a leading private school here. He took admission in college one month ago.
Police have recovered a mobile phone from his body which had 28 missed calls. Police are now gathering details about these missed calls. "Narender friends told us that since he took admission, he seemed to be upset. We are not ruling out the possibility of Narender taking such extreme step due to a failed love affair. We have informed his family members about the incident," the police said. Police are also interrogating Narender friends and hostel management to get some leads in the case.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held