Techfest draws to a close
- âThank the Lord he is dead, this son of a gunâ: Thatâs a lift from the epitaph Khushwant Singh wrote for himself
- 2G spectrum case: ED issues fresh summons to Karunanidhi's wife
- Gandhinagar seat: Modi meets Advani; BJP says 'no differences' over tickets
- One dead, three injured after train derails at Titwala
- Australia releases pictures of possible MH370 debris, four planes checking 2 objects
Animation, virtual reality and robotics dominated the last day of IIT-Bombay Techfest-2013. With a turnout of about 42,000 students, the campus was abuzz with activity on an otherwise lazy Sunday. The three-day festival saw a footfall of over a lakh.
It was 'Technoholix' night and lecture series that drew a record crowd on the final day. "This year, for the first time, we had over one lakh people visiting the campus for the three-day festival. On Sunday, the campus was so crowded, police had to take charge. The lecture series, which saw Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen speaking, had jam-packed audience. This year's highlight were robotics, international exhibition and lectures," said Shrey Singh, media manager of Techfest-2013. Finals of all major competitions also concluded on the final day.