Techie feared drowned in Pavana
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A 27-year-old software professional was feared drowned in Pavana river near Somatne Phata on Sunday. The fire brigade and police teams along with local swimmers carried out a search operation till late night. Talegaon Dabhade police said Mahendra Ramsingh Hada, a resident of Akurdi, had gone to swim with three friends. "All four knew swimming but Hada apparently drowned due to exhaustion. His friends tried to save him but could not succeed," said Prakash Ahiwale, assistant sub-inspector, Dehu Road police station.
Teen arrested for molesting girl
THE Bharati Vidyapeeth police have arrested a 17-year old boy for allegedly molesting a 24-year-old student of Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College. The incident took place on February 4 at the building in Katraj where the victim stays. Police said the girl did not approach them immediately as "she was in a state of shock". However, when she spotted the boy at an eating joint on Friday, she lodged a complaint with the police and the minor was arrested under Section 354 of the IPC. In another case, a bank employee was booked for molesting a 29-year-old woman in Yerwada whose husband had apparently taken a loan from the bank. Police said accused Ashish visited the victim's house on Saturday when her husband was away and molested her. Constable D A Suryavanshi is investigating the case.
Hadapsar businessman dies in car accident
C Mahadevan, a businessman from Hadapsar, was killed in a road accident while he was travelling in a car from Kerala to Pune along with family members on Saturday. He was 57. The victim's wife and daughter sustained injuries. Mahadevan's last rites were performed at Amardham crematorium on Sunday.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express