Techie feared drowned in Pavana
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
A 27-year-old software professional was feared drowned in Pavana river near Somatne Phata on Sunday. The fire brigade and police teams along with local swimmers carried out a search operation till late night. Talegaon Dabhade police said Mahendra Ramsingh Hada, a resident of Akurdi, had gone to swim with three friends. "All four knew swimming but Hada apparently drowned due to exhaustion. His friends tried to save him but could not succeed," said Prakash Ahiwale, assistant sub-inspector, Dehu Road police station.
Teen arrested for molesting girl
THE Bharati Vidyapeeth police have arrested a 17-year old boy for allegedly molesting a 24-year-old student of Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College. The incident took place on February 4 at the building in Katraj where the victim stays. Police said the girl did not approach them immediately as "she was in a state of shock". However, when she spotted the boy at an eating joint on Friday, she lodged a complaint with the police and the minor was arrested under Section 354 of the IPC. In another case, a bank employee was booked for molesting a 29-year-old woman in Yerwada whose husband had apparently taken a loan from the bank. Police said accused Ashish visited the victim's house on Saturday when her husband was away and molested her. Constable D A Suryavanshi is investigating the case.
Hadapsar businessman dies in car accident
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment