Techie killed, 4 injured in road mishap; cops say were drunk
- SC orders completion of trail of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
One person was killed, while four others were injured after the car they were traveling in hit the median of the road in Sector 26 in the wee hours on Saturday. All of them were employees of Tech Mahindra, IT Park. Investigating officials said they were drunk at the time of the incident.
While the person behind the wheels died on the spot, the one sitting on the co-driver's seat suffered a fracture in his leg. The other three sitting at the back seat escaped with minor injuries.
The incident took place at around 3.30 am on Saturday when Ashish Kashyap (30), who hails from Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh, was driving a Maruti Ritz car and his four colleagues, aged between 30 and 32 years, were on their way from work after a late night shift. At the Sector-26 lights, the driver suddenly lost control over the vehicle and the car hit the road divider.
The police said Kashyap was talking to others, and on suddenly seeing the divider, he lost control. The impact was so severe that the front portion of the car was completely damaged.
They were taken to the Government Multi Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, by the trauma ambulance of the UT police, which was parked at the roundabout. Kashyap was declared dead on arrival. The police said the postmortem examination will be conducted on Sunday.
Police officials said the injured had later been taken to a private hospital in Mohali by their family members, while the body of the deceased had been kept at the GMSH-16 mortuary.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress