Techie stabbed to death by friends in Bangalore
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: EC to take stern action over attack on poll officials by TMC men
A software engineer from Tamil Nadu, who had come here for New Year eve celebrations, was stabbed to death by his friends following a drunken brawl, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Karthik Vishnu (28) was stabbed by his friends following a brawl in front of a hotel late Monday night, City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji said.
Karthik suffered injuries in his stomach, face and thigh, he added. He succumbed to injuries Tuesday morning.
A security guard found him sprawled on the street after the fight and informed the police, who said he was brought dead at the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital in V V Puram. His body was sent for post mortem to St John's Hospital. Three of his friends, also from Tamil Nadu, have been taken into custody for interrogation and a case has been registered.
DCP (South) H S Revanna told The Indian Express that Karthik had come to Bangalore to party with his friends. "There were seven or eight of them. All of them have been friends since high school. After a drunken brawl at a party at La Marvella hotel in Jayanagar, south Bangalore, he appears to have been struck on his stomach and left side by a blunt weapon and killed," Revanna said, adding that the youth, who were found to be in possession of two guns, are being interrogated.
A former employee of Accenture, Bangalore, Karthik was working freelance from his residence in Mathampudur near Coimbatore.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi