Technip to build RIL's Jamnagar project
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Reliance Industries today said it has awarded French major Technip the contract for technology supply and engineering work for the refinery off-gas cracker (ROGC) project at its Jamnagar facility.
"The award to Technip is part of the expansion project being executed at the Jamnagar refining and petrochemical complex in Gujarat. The ROGC plant will be amongst the largest ethylene crackers in the world and will be using refinery off-gas as feedstock," the company said in a statement here.
The products from the plant will be utilised for the new downstream petrochemical plants being built at Jamnagar, the company added.
A refinery off-gas cracker is a petrochemical unit that will use the gas generated as a byproduct of refining operations.
Reliance, the country's largest private sector company, had a turnover of Rs 3,39,792 crore, a cash profit of Rs 31,994 crore and net profit of Rs 20,040 crore, in FY12.
The Paris-based Technip is present in 48 countries and draws over 90 percent of its revenue from oil and gas fields.
It specialises in deep subsea oil and gas field developments to the largest and most complex offshore and onshore infrastructure.
Employing 30,000 people, Technip offers innovative technologies to meet the world's energy challenges and has modern industrial assets in all continents. It also operates a fleet of specialised vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
The shares of Technip are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris Exchange and the over the counter (OTC) market in the US.
NYSE Euronext (NYX) is a leading global operator of financial markets and provider of innovative trading technologies.
Stocks More on Reliance Industries
Company INFO More on Reliance Industries
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express