Teen ‘gangraped’ in Haryana, 2 held
- Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS, it will be detrimental
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by seven youths in Dadri, Bhiwani district, Haryana, on Tuesday morning. The girl along with her parents reported the incident to the police on Wednesday evening. The police have arrested three persons — two accused and the victim's cousin. The girl has alleged that more persons were involved in the crime.
The incident took place when the girl's cousin took her out of the house for a walk. When they reached the village outskirts, six youths stopped them and forcibly took the girl away in their car.
According to Suresh Hooda, DSP, Dadri, the victim has alleged that she was allegedly gangraped by two youngsters, Sonu and Gonu. "Their 4-5 other friends refused to rape considering her a minor. Her parents brought her to the police yesterday evening. We got her medically examined. A case was registered a both the accused were nabbed, " he said.
Both the accused were produced before the court on Thursday and taken into custody for further interrogation.
However, the DSP said the victim has been repeatedly changing her statements. "Last evening she said she was raped by two youngsters throughout the night in the fields. This morning we got her statements recorded before the duty magistrate under Section 164 CrPC where she alleged that another boy besides these two raped her," he said.
Hooda said in the evening her parents alleged that the girl says there were four more involved in the incident. "When I sent one of officers to record her statement, she said she will disclose the names in the morning. We are investigating the matter," he said.
This is the second case of gangrape in Dadri in the last four days. In the previous case, six persons were arrested for allegedly gangraping a woman, who is a mother of two children. "The victim alleged that six persons including Ajit, Khatender, Deepak, Kultaj, Manoj and Sonu allegedly raped her. All six have been arrested. Manoj and Sonu are jawans in the Indian Army", Hooda said.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore