Teen alleges brother-in-law ‘raped, threw acid’ on her
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
A teenage girl was allegedly abducted and raped by her brother-in-law in City Kotwali police station area of Sambhal district and then acid was thrown on her, inflicting burns on her face and one hand.
The incident took place on January 1, but the victim lodged a complaint at Syednagli police station in Amroha district today. The case has been transferred to Sambhal district for investigation.
Sambhal SP Tahsildar Singh said after they received the FIR from Amroha, the girl was sent for medical examination. He said the accused was yet to be arrested.
Station officer of Syednagli police station Rampal Singh, who conducted the primary investigation, said the girl, who works at a private hospital as paramedical staff, had stated that she left the hospital around 4 pm on January 1. She was waiting for a bus at the Sambhal station for Amroha when she received a call on her cellphone from her brother-in-law Hanif, asking for her whereabouts. Soon, he arrived along with a friend in a car.
The girl alleged that Hanif and his friend dragged her into the car and took her to Hanif's native place at Matipur village. There, Hanif raped her at gunpoint and threw acid on her. The girl told the police she reached her house next day.
The SO said the girl, who is aged about 18, had suffered minor burns on the left side of her face and one hand.
Sambhal SP Tahsildar Singh said he had sent the SHO of city Kotwali police station to Hanif's village where locals said Hanif had separated from his wife two years ago.
Girl alleges blackmail, hangs herself
A 22-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her house in Kanpur's Naubasta area on Friday evening. A suicide note found from the spot stated a local youth named Manish Mishra threatened her of uploading her obscene photographs on the internet. Police said that suicide not also talks about Mishra's three associated who too used to harass her. The victim came in contact with Mishra while she was pursuing fashion designing course. Police said they are looking for Mishra and his friends.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling