Teen files rape complaint against father
- Infosys employee murder: Police release high-resolution image of suspect
- PM Modi to meet his ministers today ahead of likely cabinet reshuffle
- India test-fires new surface-to-air missile from defence base in Odisha
- TKA Nair kin part of firm being probed by Income Tax department
- Hafiz Saeed’s No. 2 refers to ‘lions’ who ambushed CRPF bus in Pampore
An 18-year-old girl on Thursday filed an FIR against her father with the Godhra police station, accusing him of raping her for three years, during which she underwent abortion once.
The FIR stated that the victim's father raped her regularly and threatened the family not to talk about this to anyone.
He also allegedly molested the girl's 14-year-old sister.
Police said the girl approached them with her mother to file an FIR, adding that her father has fled with his passport. "We have formed a team to trace him. The family of the complainant lived in one room," said police inspector J H Pandya.
- PM Modi’s search for support for India’s NSG bid shows leadership, not desperation
- A separate rail budget must continue for the sake of transparency
- Why Swamy’s real target is not Rajan or Arvind Subramanian
- In football, the English miss the goalposts. In European politics, they miss the point
- Anxieties arising from the collapse of the welfare state lie behind the vote
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company