Teen files rape complaint against father
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
An 18-year-old girl on Thursday filed an FIR against her father with the Godhra police station, accusing him of raping her for three years, during which she underwent abortion once.
The FIR stated that the victim's father raped her regularly and threatened the family not to talk about this to anyone.
He also allegedly molested the girl's 14-year-old sister.
Police said the girl approached them with her mother to file an FIR, adding that her father has fled with his passport. "We have formed a team to trace him. The family of the complainant lived in one room," said police inspector J H Pandya.
Both the girls were sent to the Godhra civil hospital for medical examination. "The girl who claimed to having been raped said she was forced by her father to undergo abortion once during this period," Pandya said.