Teen files rape complaint against father
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
An 18-year-old girl on Thursday filed an FIR against her father with the Godhra police station, accusing him of raping her for three years, during which she underwent abortion once.
The FIR stated that the victim's father raped her regularly and threatened the family not to talk about this to anyone.
He also allegedly molested the girl's 14-year-old sister.
Police said the girl approached them with her mother to file an FIR, adding that her father has fled with his passport. "We have formed a team to trace him. The family of the complainant lived in one room," said police inspector J H Pandya.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism