Teen files rape complaint against father
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
An 18-year-old girl on Thursday filed an FIR against her father with the Godhra police station, accusing him of raping her for three years, during which she underwent abortion once.
The FIR stated that the victim's father raped her regularly and threatened the family not to talk about this to anyone.
He also allegedly molested the girl's 14-year-old sister.
Police said the girl approached them with her mother to file an FIR, adding that her father has fled with his passport. "We have formed a team to trace him. The family of the complainant lived in one room," said police inspector J H Pandya.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say