Teen killed, almost decapitated in Faridabad, family alleges rape
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
The mutilated body of 16-year-old girl was found at a guest house in Gandhi Colony, Faridabad, on Thursday afternoon. Police have arrested a man who they claim was stalking her for over a year.
According to police, Ram Gopal (30) alias Sonu was arrested from Tawdu village, Mewat on Friday afternoon.
While police have registered a case of murder, the girl's family alleged that she was also kidnapped and raped.
Family members of the girl, a Class XII (Humanities) student, said she left home for her tuition class around 3 pm on Thursday. When she did not return by evening, her family began searching for her.
Later, the family received a call from police informing them that a girl's body, with the head almost severed, had been found at a nearby guest house. The family identified her.
Speaking to Newsline, the victim's mother said, "I tried contacting her on her mobile phone but it was switched off. I went to her tuition class and her teacher told me that my daughter never came for the class. I went to her classmate's house, where I found out about this man. Her friend told me that Sonu used to stalk her. She was kidnapped, raped and brutally murdered."
The owner of the guest house from where the body was found told police that the couple had come to her place asking for a room on rent. "I gave them the keys of room number 1. When I asked them for identity proof, the man said he would give it in sometime," the owner said.
"Twenty minutes later, I saw the man rushing out and suspected something was wrong. I went upstairs to check and found the girl dead in the room," she said.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past