Teen killed, almost decapitated in Faridabad, family alleges rape
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
The mutilated body of 16-year-old girl was found at a guest house in Gandhi Colony, Faridabad, on Thursday afternoon. Police have arrested a man who they claim was stalking her for over a year.
According to police, Ram Gopal (30) alias Sonu was arrested from Tawdu village, Mewat on Friday afternoon.
While police have registered a case of murder, the girl's family alleged that she was also kidnapped and raped.
Family members of the girl, a Class XII (Humanities) student, said she left home for her tuition class around 3 pm on Thursday. When she did not return by evening, her family began searching for her.
Later, the family received a call from police informing them that a girl's body, with the head almost severed, had been found at a nearby guest house. The family identified her.
Speaking to Newsline, the victim's mother said, "I tried contacting her on her mobile phone but it was switched off. I went to her tuition class and her teacher told me that my daughter never came for the class. I went to her classmate's house, where I found out about this man. Her friend told me that Sonu used to stalk her. She was kidnapped, raped and brutally murdered."
The owner of the guest house from where the body was found told police that the couple had come to her place asking for a room on rent. "I gave them the keys of room number 1. When I asked them for identity proof, the man said he would give it in sometime," the owner said.
"Twenty minutes later, I saw the man rushing out and suspected something was wrong. I went upstairs to check and found the girl dead in the room," she said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress