Teen killed, almost decapitated in Faridabad, family alleges rape
Police said the girl suffered a deep cut on her neck that reportedly cut her windpipe. She also had deep cuts on her stomach and hands.
"It shows that she tried to resist and there was scuffle between the two. The accused slit her throat and threw the knife on the sofa before fleeing," an officer said.
Police said Sonu was traced through his mobile phone. "Sonu told us that he was in love with the girl and wanted to marry her but she refused. The murder was pre-planned as he was carrying a knife with him and had also booked the room in advance. He told the girl that he wanted to talk to her and took her to the room. He tried to convince her but when she turned down his proposal again, he murdered her," the officer said.
Police said they were awaiting the post-mortem report to ascertain rape.
As news of the girl's murder spread, residents of Gandhi Colony, Faridabad and adjoining villages blocked the central highway, disrupting traffic for over two hours.
The mob also set fire to a motorcycle. Police had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the crowd.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players