Teen killed in Faridabad, head nearly severed, kin say rape
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
The mutilated body of 16-year-old girl was found at a guesthouse at Gandhi Colony, Faridabad, on Thursday afternoon. The Haryana Police has arrested one Ram Gopal alias Sonu (30) from Tawdu village in Mewat on Friday for allegedly stalking her for the last one year.
While the police have registered a case of murder, the girl's family alleged she was kidnapped, raped and then murdered.
According to the family, the girl, a Class XII (Humanities) student, had left home for tuition class around 3 pm on Thursday. When she did not return home by evening, her family started looking for her. Later, the family received a call from police informing them that a girl's body, with the head almost severed, had been found at a nearby guesthouse. The family then identified her.
The victim's mother said: "I tried contacting her on her cellphone but it was switched off. I went to her tuition class but her teacher told me she never came for the class. When I went to her classmate's house, the friend told me that Sonu used to stalk her whenever she went for tuitions. But she never told us anything, as she feared that he would harm her if she dared to involve us in the matter. The body was wrapped in a blanket. She was kidnapped, raped and then brutally murdered."
The owner of the guesthouse told police that the couple had come asking for a room on rent. "I gave them the keys to room number 1. When I asked them for identity proof, the man said he would give it in sometime and asked for tea to be sent to their room. Twenty minutes later, I saw the man rushing out. I went upstairs and found the girl lying in a pool of blood," the owner said.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore