Teen killed in Faridabad, head nearly severed, kin say rape
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
The mutilated body of 16-year-old girl was found at a guesthouse at Gandhi Colony, Faridabad, on Thursday afternoon. The Haryana Police has arrested one Ram Gopal alias Sonu (30) from Tawdu village in Mewat on Friday for allegedly stalking her for the last one year.
While the police have registered a case of murder, the girl's family alleged she was kidnapped, raped and then murdered.
According to the family, the girl, a Class XII (Humanities) student, had left home for tuition class around 3 pm on Thursday. When she did not return home by evening, her family started looking for her. Later, the family received a call from police informing them that a girl's body, with the head almost severed, had been found at a nearby guesthouse. The family then identified her.
The victim's mother said: "I tried contacting her on her cellphone but it was switched off. I went to her tuition class but her teacher told me she never came for the class. When I went to her classmate's house, the friend told me that Sonu used to stalk her whenever she went for tuitions. But she never told us anything, as she feared that he would harm her if she dared to involve us in the matter. The body was wrapped in a blanket. She was kidnapped, raped and then brutally murdered."
The owner of the guesthouse told police that the couple had come asking for a room on rent. "I gave them the keys to room number 1. When I asked them for identity proof, the man said he would give it in sometime and asked for tea to be sent to their room. Twenty minutes later, I saw the man rushing out. I went upstairs and found the girl lying in a pool of blood," the owner said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties