Teen kills self after break-up
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
A 19-year-old committed suicide at his imitation jewellery workshop in Dahisar, allegedly after his girlfriend broke up with him.
The family of Sanoj Kashyap told the police that he had an argument with his girlfriend on New Year's Eve and was upset after she ended her relationship with him.
According to the Dahisar police, Sanoj had dinner with his family on Tuesday night before going to sleep at his workshop close to his residence at Ketakipada.
However, he did not turn up for breakfast on Wednesday morning and his brother decided to check on him. He found Sanoj hanging from the ceiling fan of the workshop.
Sanoj was rushed to Bhagwati Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. The police were unable to recover any suicide note. "A case of accidental death has been registered. We suspect that the boy took the drastic step as he had been depressed after his girlfriend broke up with him," said an officer.