Teen kills self after break-up
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
A 19-year-old committed suicide at his imitation jewellery workshop in Dahisar, allegedly after his girlfriend broke up with him.
The family of Sanoj Kashyap told the police that he had an argument with his girlfriend on New Year's Eve and was upset after she ended her relationship with him.
According to the Dahisar police, Sanoj had dinner with his family on Tuesday night before going to sleep at his workshop close to his residence at Ketakipada.
However, he did not turn up for breakfast on Wednesday morning and his brother decided to check on him. He found Sanoj hanging from the ceiling fan of the workshop.
Sanoj was rushed to Bhagwati Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. The police were unable to recover any suicide note. "A case of accidental death has been registered. We suspect that the boy took the drastic step as he had been depressed after his girlfriend broke up with him," said an officer.