Teen raped, shot at by cousin in Haryana
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A second-year BA student was allegedly intoxicated, raped and later shot at by her cousin in Rewari district of Haryana. Though the incident took place on November 3, the girl lodged a complaint with the police Tuesday.
The police arrested the man, who lives in Delhi, on Wednesday.
The victim has alleged that she was returning from college when the accused pulled her in his car, parked it on the roadside and made her eat something laced with drugs. She fell unconscious and was raped. When she regained consciousness, the girl threatened to tell her parents about the rape and tried to flee. It was then that the accused shot at her and escaped. "She said she reached a hospital and informed her parents. She sustained a bullet injury. Her parents did not lodge a complaint. Later, she was shifted to a hospital in Delhi. She is fine now, but the bullet is yet to be removed," Rewari SP Bharti Arora said.