Teenage ‘gangrape’ victim attempts suicide
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
A minor gangrape victim allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison at her residence on Saturday, police said.
The 14-year-old girl's condition is critical and she has been put on ventilator, they said.
According to police, the minor was kidnapped in a car from Dholka town in the district and raped by two persons, identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak, on December 6, following which her family members registered FIR on December 14.
"The girl had been complaining to her father of acute stomach pain for the past two days. Unable to bear it any longer, she mixed pesticide with water and drank it early this morning. She was immediately taken to a private hospital in the village before being brought to V S Hospital in city," Dholka police inspector B D Thakkar told reporters here.
He said the girl had been put on ventilator and kept in the Trauma Centre. "Her condition is critical because she is physically very weak," Thakkar said.