Teenage ‘gangrape’ victim attempts suicide
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
A minor gangrape victim allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison at her residence on Saturday, police said.
The 14-year-old girl's condition is critical and she has been put on ventilator, they said.
According to police, the minor was kidnapped in a car from Dholka town in the district and raped by two persons, identified as Prakash Devipujak and Mohit Devipujak, on December 6, following which her family members registered FIR on December 14.
"The girl had been complaining to her father of acute stomach pain for the past two days. Unable to bear it any longer, she mixed pesticide with water and drank it early this morning. She was immediately taken to a private hospital in the village before being brought to V S Hospital in city," Dholka police inspector B D Thakkar told reporters here.
He said the girl had been put on ventilator and kept in the Trauma Centre. "Her condition is critical because she is physically very weak," Thakkar said.
Meanwhile, a hunt has been launched for the two suspects, who are on the run since the incident, the officer said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18