Teenage British boy dies after hit on the head by cricket ball
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
A 16-year-old British boy has died after apparently being hit on the head by a cricket ball while at school and police have arrested another teenager in connection with the incident.
Kyle Rees suffered a serious head injury on Monday at Portchester school in Bournemouth, Dorset.
The police said Kyle was immediately taken to a nearby hospital later transferred to Southampton general hospital, where he died yesterday.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the incident, initially for an offence of assault and subsequently on suspicion of manslaughter, the Guardian said.
He has been released on bail while inquiries continue.
Debbie Godfrey-Phaure, the executive head of Portchester school, said, "We are also fully assisting the authorities with their investigations.
Kim Drake, service director for children's social care at Bournemouth borough council, said: "We have set up a counselling service at the school to offer pupils, staff and parents support following this tragic incident at the school and we are currently working with both the school and the police with their investigation."
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign