Teenage girl gangraped in Haryana
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A teenage girl from Karnal was allegedly raped by over ten men and later dumped at a railway station, a GRP officer said.
The victim, aged around 16 years, was rescued by Government Railway Police personnel at the railway station near Karnal.
"The girl, a resident of Tarwari area, has claimed that she was raped by 10-11 people. She was lured by a man who had promised to marry her. Our men rescued her from the railway station," the officer said.
The victim has undergone a medical examination, he said, adding that the result of which is awaited.
In the last few months, Haryana has seen spurt in cases of violence against women.