Teenage girl held for setting classmate on fire
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
A teenage girl was arrested after she allegedly set her classmate on fire today following an old dispute between them, police said.
The incident took place at Bareilly town, about 100 kms from here.
The victim, identified as Khushboo (18) has suffered 40 per cent burns in the attack and rushed to government hospital, they said.
According to SP Shashikant Shukla, the accused Rupali and Khushboo are students of a local higher secondary school.
"Both the girls have some old dispute. Today, they had an argument in which Khushboo allegedly passed a remark on Rupali's character," he said.
Offended by this, Rupali went to Khushboo's house, doused her in kerosene and set her ablaze, the SP said, adding the victim's mother was also injured while trying to save her.
Rupali was arrested and a case under section 307 (attempt to murder) of IPC has been registered against her, the officer added.
- Khushpreet murder: Court holds 3 accused guilty
- Youth shot at, bullet still lodged in body
- Anti-incumbency strong, Akali SOS to BJP: send Modi
- Ahmedabad ‘dressmaker’ has designs on Modi’s style
- RSS launches statewide campaign for 100% turnout, no mention of Modi
- Movie on Modi released statewide, Cong cries foul