Teenage girl held for setting classmate on fire
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
A teenage girl was arrested after she allegedly set her classmate on fire today following an old dispute between them, police said.
The incident took place at Bareilly town, about 100 kms from here.
The victim, identified as Khushboo (18) has suffered 40 per cent burns in the attack and rushed to government hospital, they said.
According to SP Shashikant Shukla, the accused Rupali and Khushboo are students of a local higher secondary school.
"Both the girls have some old dispute. Today, they had an argument in which Khushboo allegedly passed a remark on Rupali's character," he said.
Offended by this, Rupali went to Khushboo's house, doused her in kerosene and set her ablaze, the SP said, adding the victim's mother was also injured while trying to save her.
Rupali was arrested and a case under section 307 (attempt to murder) of IPC has been registered against her, the officer added.