Teenage girl killed with pickaxe
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
A teenage girl was abducted and murdered by a man from her village in Ram Nagar police station area of Barabanki. Her body was found dumped inside the toilet of the primary school on Sunday. Police said the 16-year-old girl's father had lodged a complaint on Saturday alleging that her daughter had been abducted by Pravesh, a resident of the same village. Pravesh (22) said during interrogation that he had murdered the girl. Police recovered the body on Sunday morning. Police said the girl had been killed by the man with a pickaxe on Saturday morning at around 7 am when there was dense fog in the area.
Woman Who left baby girl to die, held
Police have arrested a 40-year-old woman for allegedly abandoning her two-week-old daughter in Manduadeeh area of Varanasi. Police had recovered the baby's half-eaten body, wrapped in a gunny bag, near a pond on December 22. Police said they had arrested Munni alias Manka. She has been booked under Sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC. Police said it was after questioning the people in the area that they zeroed in on Munni. He said the woman, who is a widow, told the police that she abandoned the baby after her lover Ravi, a resident of Kanpur, declined to accept the child as it was a girl. He had earlier promised to adopt the child, she said.