Teenager gangraped in village near Nagpur
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
An 18-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by a group of dacoits at a village near Nagpur, police said on Saturday.
A gang of 5-6 dacoits, in the age group of 25 to 30 years, struck at the huts in Nawargaon village under Kuhi taluka in Nagpur rural last night between 8 and 10 pm.
They beat up the inhabitants and later criminally assaulted the girl, SP, Nagpur Rural, Manoj Sharma said.
The alleged dacoits seem to be from Pardhi community and a hunt has been launched to trace them, the SP said.
They had earlier also made dacoity attempts in nearby villages, he said.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.