Teenager gangraped in village near Nagpur
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
An 18-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by a group of dacoits at a village near Nagpur, police said on Saturday.
A gang of 5-6 dacoits, in the age group of 25 to 30 years, struck at the huts in Nawargaon village under Kuhi taluka in Nagpur rural last night between 8 and 10 pm.
They beat up the inhabitants and later criminally assaulted the girl, SP, Nagpur Rural, Manoj Sharma said.
The alleged dacoits seem to be from Pardhi community and a hunt has been launched to trace them, the SP said.
They had earlier also made dacoity attempts in nearby villages, he said.
The victim was sent for medical examination.