Teen's killing: CoI lets off BSF man
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
A BSF court of inquiry Thursday found Havildar Amiya Ghosh of 181 battalion "not guilty" of shooting dead 14-year-old Bangladeshi girl Felani Khatun while she was trying to cross the border. The judgment is subject to approval from the
competent authority of the BSF, the court said.
The girl was shot dead in January 2011, and the image of her body hanging from the international border fence had evoked global outrage. Bangladesh had demanded strong action against the BSF personnel involved.