Teen's killing: CoI lets off BSF man
- Two IPL ex-champs, CSK and RR, kicked out in biggest clean-up
- Why the historic Iran nuclear deal could be good for India
- Death toll in Andhra stampede touches 25; PM Modi pays condolences
- Geelani rejects Pak High Commission's invite for Eid Milan
- In search for missing Dornier, Coast Guard discovers human remains, aircraft parts
A BSF court of inquiry Thursday found Havildar Amiya Ghosh of 181 battalion "not guilty" of shooting dead 14-year-old Bangladeshi girl Felani Khatun while she was trying to cross the border. The judgment is subject to approval from the
competent authority of the BSF, the court said.
The girl was shot dead in January 2011, and the image of her body hanging from the international border fence had evoked global outrage. Bangladesh had demanded strong action against the BSF personnel involved.