Teens sent to juvenile home for abusing 10-year-old
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A local court on Thursday sent two minors to a juvenile home for allegedly sexually abusing a 10-year-old boy on January 1. The two were arrested by police after the victim's father lodged a complaint on January 2. They were produced in the local court on Thursday.
According to police, the incident occurred on January 1, when the 10-year-old was returning home, along with a friend, on his bicycle. They were then allegedly blocked by the two 15-year-old boys, residents of Mohali.
While the victim's friend was allegedly beaten up, he managed to flee. The 10-year-old, however, was taken to a forest area on the Khuda Lahora- Naya Gaon road, before the two accused allegedly molested him and committed an unnatural sexual offence.
They also threatened the boy against telling anyone.
On January 2, the boy told his mother about the incident. She in turn told the child's father, who registered a complaint at the police post in PGI. The two accused were arrested late in the evening on January 2.
The victim's medical examination was conducted at the Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16. "The medical examination of the 10-year-old victim confirmed that he had been sexually abused," said sub-inspector Sarita Roy, incharge, Police Post, PGI.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress