Teens sent to juvenile home for abusing 10-year-old
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
A local court on Thursday sent two minors to a juvenile home for allegedly sexually abusing a 10-year-old boy on January 1. The two were arrested by police after the victim's father lodged a complaint on January 2. They were produced in the local court on Thursday.
According to police, the incident occurred on January 1, when the 10-year-old was returning home, along with a friend, on his bicycle. They were then allegedly blocked by the two 15-year-old boys, residents of Mohali.
While the victim's friend was allegedly beaten up, he managed to flee. The 10-year-old, however, was taken to a forest area on the Khuda Lahora- Naya Gaon road, before the two accused allegedly molested him and committed an unnatural sexual offence.
They also threatened the boy against telling anyone.
On January 2, the boy told his mother about the incident. She in turn told the child's father, who registered a complaint at the police post in PGI. The two accused were arrested late in the evening on January 2.
The victim's medical examination was conducted at the Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16. "The medical examination of the 10-year-old victim confirmed that he had been sexually abused," said sub-inspector Sarita Roy, incharge, Police Post, PGI.